You may have noticed in reading this series a certain trend of pessimism, or hell I'll say it, hidden bitterness. Last segment, I ranted about the justice system of America. In this installment we'll be skimming over the topic of freedom. The hypnotic icon that we as a people use to justify our wrongs, to justify our existence, to justify our behavior, and to swing like a pendulum over the rest of the world as if they're going to get sleepier and sleepier. It is an idiotic campaign in America to assert that we are a free country, let alone the most free. Keep in mind this country's history of segregation, racial prejudice, sexual oppression, and slanderous political backgrounds. Lets dive in shall we?
I am about to write a paper on gay rights for school, and I thought what better place to outline my thoughts than here, in the safety of my own blog? If this country were really so free, why then, is it taking so fucking long to decide whether gays can marry or not? If its a FREE country, then they should be FREE to do as the please. So long as its not a threat to national security, what the fuck is wrong with it? I should stop myself here and say I do not agree with the gay lifestyle. It gets tangled worse and worse every day now due to so many mixed feelings and personal stories. I personally believe that it is a natural thing to be attracted to another person, even of the same sex. Alexander the Great had lovers both male and female. We ALL know how nature intended humans, or all creatures for that matter, are meant to be paired off. I didn't choose to be attracted to women, its natural, just as it is natural for anyone else to be attracted to whom they are. Bottom line: Gay is a term for love between people who are created from the same dust, who breathe the same air, who possess the same faculties, and who make the same daily grind as the rest of us, but do not love a person who enables reproduction between the two of them. Same sex love. I know where a dick (or vagina) is supposed to go by law of reproduction, but we all know where it CAN go by law of natural attraction. Some people fuck dolls. Some people fuck toys. Nearly everyone on the planet has fucked themselves. It's not as nature intended, but it is natural. See the idea?
Now, the political issue in this matter lies with religion. Ahh yes, good old God. Here is where the tragedy of the human race lies, but we can save that issue for another time. The old fucks who run the place, uhh, senators and the president that is, believe that this country must be run by mandate of the laws laid down by their God, but they only half-ass it. For some reason many of the ten commandments are not in any way associated with laws. What happened to Honor thy Father and Mother? What about keeping the sabbath holy? What the fuck did they do with using the Lord's name in vain? And yet the oh so holy union between man and woman, which by the way is NOT a commandment, rather a teaching, is being enforced? What? Did we miss something? Are they really playing a card they don't really have? It's as if scribbled an 'A' on four corners of a business card and said it was a fifth ace.
If this is a free country, what gives them the right to dictate who a person chooses to create a home with? I could use a hundred more arguments here, like the fact that more than half the couples who marry end up divorced or split. As for this recent 'Don't ask, don't tell' policy debate, I have one thing to say. Who cares? What gay man or woman in their right mind brags about it to straight people in the military? Oh sure, provoke a creature that is already so hormone driven to be violent that you get laid more than him or her because you don't have sex with the opposite gender. Real smart. Honestly though, why is this still an issue? Anyone can recognize a gay person by going up to them in a bar and asking them if they're interested in a drink or a relationship. If the answer is 'I'm not interested.' or 'I'm gay.' the result is EXACTLY THE SAME. Why, would in the military, this case be any different (aside from the hate crimes committed against gays)? 'Oh well what if a gay person comes onto me, Matt?' Well, then you tellem you're not Gay. You should be flattered. HURR DURR. PROBLEM SOLVED.
Most of these issues are purely halted by a few stupid peoples' opinions. I still have no idea why we don't all vote as a people on one topic, rather than let a bunch of codgy old draft dodgers do the deciding for us. All in all, gays deserve their freedom as much as the rest of us cholesterol-packed, God-obsessed, money-lusting, hateful, prejudiced, sacks of shit. So why wait? Legalize gay marriage. Legalize gay adoptions. Legalize freedom.
Pt 4.2: Freedom? It's a Relative Thing. Coming soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment