So, in case some WoW players haven't noticed, there is an enormously increasing base of players who are complete idiots, assholes, or both. Most of these people are tanks and death knights. Now, from a psychological standpoint, tanks often feel like everyone has to do it their way. They are, after all, the hardest part of a group to find in most cases. They feel like everyone owes them a favor, and god forbid you disobey their wishes. Careful though, even morons can use the vote to kick feature. Death Knights fall into a separate category of lunacy for me. They seem to feel justified because they already have an 80. They are self righteous and usually foolish. I generally can tell a lot about a DK when I watch his rotation, maybe see his mangled spec, or notice that he rolls need on all the spell power plate gear because it has one more strength on it. Luckily, most of these people are weeded out at the level cap. Either they are miserable with being inadequate, or they are stricken with the need to play another faceroll class (Paladins). Now I know not all DKs are like this, but from what I have witnessed this is a growing theme. Never has a DK stopped to help me with a mob I'm struggling with. Never has a DK complimented me. Never has a DK shown me any proof of intelligence behind their playstyle.
Now this is not the only plague sweeping about WoW with the pre-Cataclysm jitters. Apparently, there are people with such a low IQ that they go into the negatives. I am of course talking about the Auction House Whores. These folks who find greens that someone could definitely use and post them on the AH for hundreds. The very level that you can use a helm, most experienced players will go search one out. Sure, there are several greens (with spirit on them) that you could buy out, but only for the hefty sum of 250 GOLD. Really? Do these really sell? I was forced to buy a level 45 leather chest piece the other day for 18 gold because it was cheap. It had been priced at 53 gold earlier that day. Blue midlevel weapons cost as much as 400 gold, greens up to 200 apiece. Anything with the better stat combinations (monkey, bear, tiger) all go for 50-200 gold higher. Complete and utter horseshit. I cannot tell for certain a true cause to this god awful economy shift, but I am sure that it stops in Cataclysm. When quest itemization becomes better than green drops, they probably won't be in such high demand. Either way, people should be punished for greed like this. We're not talking undercutting competition, not even buying out the competition. We're talking obscene pricing on goods that some people have no choice but to buy. It's rape.
Back on a less hateful note, Blizzcon tickets have sold out for teh 2nd, and I did not get mine. Over 30,000 people were in que right away, and only 4,000 tickets were sold. Unfortunately, many of those people in que bought 5 tickets and are currently scalping them all over ebay, which I thought was illegal. Anyways, The numbers show 20,000 people in attendance at last year's convention, and if only 4,000 tickets sold on Tuesday, we can only hope that at least 12,000 more go on sale tomorrow. I am really starting to hate Blizzard policies.
That's all I got for now. I have to go do chores for my favored sister's graduation party. You know, clean things that nobody will see anyways. At least theres food involved.
No comments:
Post a Comment