Saturday, August 14, 2010

America and the Drain Pt 3: The Sum of its Parts

'The Sum of its parts' is a phrase that means, arguably, that the subject can be defined as that which it is comprised of. Literally, 'you are what you eat' on a much broader spectrum of analysis. I could use this last statement to segue into my disgust at the diet of the average American, but this would also come with an admittance of the fact that I too fall prey to food that has twice the amount of sugar in it than any bit of actual nutrition. But I won't. Instead I'll keep chugging along the track that I was headed. That is, the American agenda. That battered old day planner in Uncle Sam's back pocket. The 'system'. So what is that America has tried and toiled for that can take up true value in words? Freedom? No. I am still standing with gaping mouth at the lunacy splayed spread eagle before me in this case. Trust me, 'Freedom' is not defined in the dictionary like it is in the movies. Let alone in congress. That other proper noun though, that comes after Liberty. That might do the trick. That word that denotes so much meaning that it drives almost every conscious, philosophic (note that there are the two different kinds)mind into a frenzy. Justice. Not just justice. Justice. Capital 'J'.
Truthfully, America has seen it fair share of bringing its enemies to Justice. Every single time, however, it comes at too great a cost.
I personally believe that justice can only be dealt between a victim and the aggressor. Revenge is the sweetest sin, as they say. (Whoever 'they' are, they're wrong. I find Irony to be the sweetest.) I believe that if you have a problem you can't solve, you are at fault. Yes, I also believe that the strong should help to defend the weak, especially on a personal level, and I know that this is a little hypocritical. So I have a sense of morality after all. Deal with it. If a woman is raped, I believe it is in her full rights, with the proper proof of course, to make that offender suffer the same. She could hire a bigger fucker to make him the victim, or maybe just make him eat his own balls. In fact, why begin the process there? Why not be preemptive about it. Fuck your silly little whistles, who has that ever stopped from putting a hand on your ass? Carry a goddamn knife. Learn to defend yourself, or better yet, partner up.(Smart)criminals only strike when they know they can get away with it. So make it more difficult for them. THIS IS WHY WE PUT LOCKS ON DOORS.
At the other end of crime we have jail. Ah yes, when a man commits a crime we give him three meals a day, freedom from modern culture, and all the time to think in the world. Sounds like heaven to me. Sounds like this should be mandatory for a lot of high school kids. Believe it or not, America's hard earned money is wasted on this, rather than invested. Investing would be say, cycling the money so it makes its way back to you. What happens, rather, is official looking men in suits and ties all line up outside the BOP (Federal Bureau of Prisons)and throw fistfuls of hundred dollar bills and buffalo nickels at both passerby and those who come and go from the main entrance. If we as a people sincerely wanted to be efficient instead of slow to adapt and survive, then we would have a long time ago, decided to award the death penalty for any murder case in which the accused was found guilty. Not only does this save us the energy and money to house and care for the fucker, but it makes room for one more guy who didn't quite make the death sentence. Also, stop using needles and electricity to kill criminals.(According to the Texas Department of Criminal Justice, the cost for the drugs used in lethal injection is $86.08, Not including the manpower to mix, transport, and inject the cocktail o' blackness.) That costs more money than an axe to the back of the neck, which is an execution that can be carried out by anyone over the age of 16. what ever happened to public hangings? That set a good example. We could even go with George Carlin's idea and bring back a modern day arena. Do you know how much money wrestling makes the entertainment industry? Think of that, but without pulling the punches. Ka-ching. Now that's an investment!
The other half of Justice on America's behalf is war. The war in the middle East is a prime-cut example. We had no reason to be there. We had faulty intelligence, most of which, is STILL IN OFFICE. If it wasn't faulty intelligence, then it was a lie. There is absolutely no denying it. I won't go any further on this matter until I have a better structured ramble about it, but you get the idea. It was pure American style, rushing to the aid of a country we should have either invaded or simply nuked.
Either way Justice is not quite what it's cooked up to be. As I said before, I think true justice is what happens between individuals, not countries. Justice is certainly not spending millions on an unnecessary occupation while previous war veterans go hungry and homeless.

Join me for the slightly more hopeful look to the future in part 4. Coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment